Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Too much of school

Too much of school



When my mother finally decided to take that plum assignment as Divisional Head, I knew I was in trouble. Her office hours stretched beyond my
school hours. And anyway, I am aware of the many discussions my parents
had "Honey, what do we do with the kids? Well, finally they hit
gold - education after school. Will not it just grand? children
are learning new things while parents are happy emitted greenbacks!
So we went directly to another class after the school. Brochure
said they would "Through innovative fun and educational activities
methods to bridge the gap in understanding your child. " I guess they
means that the teacher would write the homework and we were copying
he. At least it happened most of the time. Of course, we did not
tell our parents. How would this help? They just get smart and we move to a class that would actually make us solve our homework.
I hated the classes. Most of the time, I was bored to tears or falling asleep.
After so many hours in school who would spend all afternoon
with the same books? But as a child, had little choice in these
Questions. Especially when his parents were ably say that
Mom's salary will help us get that spanking new TV or video game.
Lose some, gain some!
Then one day, my sister decided to make the proverbial waves. She decided
she had enough of studying and refused to go to the after school program.
That's when my parents began to feel some dull thing. Shortly after,
they put us in a better program (o, yes, another education). This
was bigger, brighter and more fun in some way. We had some interesting games,
and a computer too. Each of us got a chance to do something on the PC
(This, when computers were just beginning to make their presence felt). we
managed to fight through our homework, most of which had to be
by us. Then it was time to have fun. We had a little
all. acting classes, speech, games and painting classes. Those
hours we spent the splashes of color on the pages and laugh at stupid jokes were
really the highlight of an otherwise boring day. Ironically, I began
looking forward to my after school program.
Now, so many years later, when I have to take a job and leave my
own child alone until I get home, I know how these after school
programs have become. Talk about history repeating itself! I just wish I would
put in a good, and yes, it will be educational too.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More